Last Tuesday I travelled all the way to Birmingham, queued and waited for five hours, all to see Fall Out Boy. The five hours consisted of lots of rain – thank you British weather – and sitting through three slightly mediocre support acts;
Charley Marley who sang about Wonka bars and almost had me carving my eyes out, Matt and Kim who definitely got 11/10 for enthusiasm, and finally Professor Green who insisted on rapping with a very nasal voice .. though the woman he brought along to sing the female parts was pretty good, it’s a shame she didn’t open instead.
So, when Fall Out Boy FINALLY came on stage I think it’s safe to say the crowd was pretty relieved – and they opened with Sugar We’re Goin Down too .. it was insane!
They managed to fit in 21 songs into their two hours set which I find pretty impressive, so here’s the setlist (which I was pretty chuffed with, A LOT of my favourites are on here).
- Sugar We’re Goin Down
- The Phoenix
- A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More “Touch Me”
- I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Bou and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me
- Alone Together
- The Kids Aren’t Alright
- This Ain’t A Scene, It’s An Arms Race
- Immortals (on the acoustic stage)
- Young Volcanoes (also on the acoustic stage)
- Dance, Dance
- American Beauty/American Psycho
- Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy
- Beat It (Michael Jackson cover)
- Uma Thurman
- Thnks Fr Th Mmrs
- I Don’t Care
- My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark
- Saturday (ft. Pete Wentz jumping into the crowd)
I also got to meet another one of my internet friends – Callie – who flew over from Ireland to see the show (dedicated or what?!?,) and had a VIP ticket so got to meet Fall Out Boy before the show .. can you hear me crying? Anyway, we didn’t manage to get a selfie together (oops), so I’m going to post her meet and greet photo so we can all marvel at how insanely adorable it is?!?
I’m not crying, you are.